If you saw my Sculpted Mahogany Vanity series, I used the RAS-115 a lot for shaping the surfaces into very tactile undulating waves. That's not a normal thing to do, but shows how the RAS combines rapid stock removal, excellent control, and (most important!) dust collection!
- Paint and varnish stripping; use Cristal papers for durability, no loading, and speed
- Shaping wood; use Rubin or Cristal papers.
- Coping; to me this is shaping, but in case you skipped that item
- Honing natural stone tile edges nearly dust free; needs FiberFix pad
- Scuffing or leveling concrete/thin-set; use Saphir paper.
- Cleaning metal including for priming; use Vlies pads (an abrasive pad).
- Coarse sanding of metal; use Saphir
- Smoothing cut metal edges; use fiber disc with FiberFix pad and optional metal dust collection brushes and a spark trap on your dust extractor.
- Polishing using Shinex pads.
Just as a reminder, the RAS-115 comes with a normal power cable (very long one at that!) and not a Plug-It tail like I have; I got that from one of my moles in the UK :) (thanks, mole!)